August 15, 2005

Victory!!!

I have just made my nforce NIC driver working! Horay! After few days of intensive developing my AROS machine may ping other computers, it responds to external pings properly.

Additionally, I have tested our small ftp client over local network. It performs very well. AROS manages to receive data from my old 200MHz PPC server at 7.5MB/s (a bit faster then linux). In order to confirm the quality of transfer, I've calculated md5sum of 20MB file before and after transfer - they are the same.

The driver is still not perfect. For example, it survives only one minute of intensive ping flood and then dies. It is caused by completely filled RX ring, and will be fixed soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kalamatee said...

Congrats Michal!

I will test it upon my own hardware ASAP (nForce 2, 3 and 4)

Hope you fix the ring prob.. pfft i know you will!

Will be interesting to see the performance at higher network speeds (gigabit etc..)

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home