July 24, 2008

SAM440 Bounty

Has been marked as completed. I have been working on AROS port for SAM440 for half a year. It was an extraordinary experience. I have never been working on such "young" hardware before. I have never been cooperating with board developers at this degree before. Thank you all for letting me do it! :)

The ISO of Sam440 AROS can be found here (MD5: 68b1010851d29de3aaf711af7fa9144e). It is compressed with 7zip again. Network starts automatically upon AROS startup. Due to some inconvenience in AROS (it lacks __ckhabort() function) I haven't used DHCP protocol to set the IP of Sam440. Instead, the static address 192.168.2.211 is used.

I want to thank all of You who did helped me. My Wife for patience and acceptance, Randy Vice for leading TeamAROS for so long, and for very nice cooperation, Massimiliano Tretene and Nicola Morocutti for all the help, tons of good technical information and nice talks late evenings, all Bounty supporters and the whole AROS team and all you who whished me luck.

I will not leave the sam440 alone. There is still so much to do :)
... and never enough time.

Bye,
M.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work Michal.

ciao, Markus

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greal Michal!
Another milestone has been placed on the AROS road!
Thank you for your work :)

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

While I've been busy with other stuff I keep track of your work from a distance! Keep it up!...

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats from me too!

What about new screenshots?

Have fun,
Andreas

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good work, but now it's time to give your wife some attention and leave SAM alone :-P

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope so ;)

Michal's wife

8:44 AM  
Blogger pain said...

Good job Dr Schulz!

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great thing !!!

A milestone for AROS.

Thanx a lot Michael.

Greets FastBit66

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, just wanted to congratulate you on your achievement!

12:29 AM  
Blogger HRH King Arthure Pendragone said...

I hope u will go on and leave this. maek somethign for a real board- itanium or at leas the 4 core by intel with xpress and sata3 ddr3 and usb 3. That would be a milestone.
I mean really this board isnt worth 5 usd. I have older boards that are better- dont go the way of amiga inc or morph- dammit think ahead.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Michal, great work.

@HRH King Arthure Pendragone
Are you serious or just baiting ? If serious then maybe you could try coughing up a few grand, after which Michal (or someone else) might take your suggestons a little seriously. Sure, SAM boards arent exactly state of the art technology, but it is the 1st standalone PPC version of AROS we have, so its interesting/good news in that regard. Now as for,... ahh bugger it, if youre stupid enough to have made the post you did then there's no point in trying to speak rationaly to you anyway.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job!

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home